Foreigners can now register in Belarus online
Starting January 2, foreigners can register in Belarus online. The Ministry of Internal Affairs and the National Center for Electronic Services finally have made it possible.
Before the possibility of online registration was introduced, every foreigner staying not in a hotel or hostel should have come to the internal affairs office at the place of temporary registration. Now you don't have to do it anymore. Just go to the portal.gov.by and arrange everything online. Remember that it should be done no later than 5 days since you've arrived in Belarus.
Here are the simple steps to take:
1. Set up a personal account on portal.gov.by.
2. Select in the “Available services” tab the category “Citizenship and Migration”.
3. Order the service "Registration", fill in the application form and send it.
4. Receive a message about a successful registration at the specified address of stay.
The procedure is free. It is available to anyone who arrives in Belarus through any of the border checkpoints. A Belarusian citizen can also register a foreigner via his personal account. Ifyou are staying in a hotel or a hostel, they will register you themselves.
- If you arrive in Belarus through Russia or you need to extend the period of registration, you have to personally appear in the migration office.
Find more information on how to come to Belarus here.
Source: mvd.gov.by. Photo by palasatka